The Courageous Life™ Self-Assessment
© Courageous Life Group, All Rights Reserved.
Use this questionnaire to get a reading on your current degree of courageous authenticity. Rate yourself from 1 to 5, with 1 being “Describes me”, and 5 being “Does not describe me.” SCORE RESULTS: 15 – 30: “Genuine” - You are typically real and sincere; 31-45: “Pretentious” - You are a high-quality image of the real you; 46-60: “Inauthentic” - It’s time to stop hiding and let the world know who you are.
1. ____Engaging Courage. I speak up when facing my fears of abandonment, rejection, ridicule, chastisement, or failure.
2. ____Being Present. I am experiencing what is in the present here and now moment, rather than being preoccupied with the past or future.
3. ____Being Transparent. I reveal my thoughts, feelings, expectations, judgments, interpretations, and assumptions, letting people know exactly what I am feeling and thinking.
4. ____Welcoming Feedback. I am openly curious about how others are affected and impacted by me.
5. ____Knowing Myself. I know my strengths, values, life purpose, boundaries, and inner essence.
6. ______Spontaneity. I act and react in the moment, without constraint, reservation, internal judgment, or external force.
7. ____Embracing The Unknown. I am able to let go of the need to know how things will turn out.
8. ____Noticing My Intent. I allow things to happen rather trying to control or manipulate to make things happen.
9. ____Revising An Earlier Statement. I give myself permission to change my mind, to re-state an earlier communication, to add clarification, or to clear up a misunderstanding.
10. ____Holding Differences. I am open to considering viewpoints that are different or opposed to my own without feeling that it takes something away from me.
11. ____Connecting and Re-Connecting. I see the value in everyone, and connect with their deeper, truer self and essence.
12. ____Taking Back Projections. I take responsibility for my own judgments and interpretations, and focus less on what others do or think.
13. ____Sharing Mixed Emotions. I express the complex feelings of my ambivalence and confusion, and I am comfortable with inconsistencies.
14. ____Asserting What I Want and Don’t Want. I affirm my rights to want what I need and want, even if it’s unreasonable, or if there is little chance of getting it.
15. ____Seeing and Making Choices. I recognize a variety of perspectives and choose to act in alignment with my values, wants, needs, and best interests.
Contact: Courageous Life Group
Courageous Life Group, All Rights Reserved. No part of this material may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without the express written permission of the author.